BPhty (Hons) MPhty (Sports) MBA
Mark specialises in creating value from corporations’ data assets and facilitating data-driven decision making. His consulting experience covers health, information technology, retail, financial services, entertainment and public sectors.
During his career, he has worked in consulting roles with Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Medibank and Latrobe University and his own independent consultancy Alexander Consulting. These roles have seen him work with national and multi-national corporations on projects that have involved significant data gathering, cleaning and analytics.
- Developed Medibank’s Data Strategy and Health Analytics framework.
- Supported BCG to develop their Health Assurance Strategy leading into IPO.
- Involved in restructuring Medibank’s Data teams to new operating model aligned to Health Assurance strategy.
- Prioritised Data initiatives within Medibank’s Portfolio Management review.
- Benchmarked big data and digital functions for large Australian bank.
- Financially modelled strategic options within Portfolio Strategy for $20 Billion revenue retail client.
- Performed detailed analysis and renegotiated $50M procurement contracts generating $6M in savings for a large Australian supermarket.
- Analysed and benchmarked Worker’s Compensation scheme viability.
- Built a business case for the Federal government for a whole-of-government IT solution analysing customer segmentation and take-up of options.
- Worked with Google developing a public report on the digital and online media industry informing the Federal Government’s Convergence review where he quantified the size and growth of online media content.
- Worked for the BCA supporting their submission to the Australian Federal government’s white paper on “Australia in the Asian Century” producing the fact base supporting the submission such as imports, exports and FDI between Australia and Asia.
- MBA, Melbourne Business School (Winner: John Clemenger Medal Dux of School with Highest GPA)
- Strategy Consultant at The Boston Consulting Group
- Data Strategy Manager and Strategy Development Manager at Medibank, Australia’s largest Health Insurer
- Managing Director and founder of BakPhysio Pty Ltd, a medical equipment device designer and manufacturer
- Program Manager of La Trobe University’s Physiotherapy Post Graduate Sports program
- Former Sports Physiotherapist with Australian Olympic Triathlon team